Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting service is connected with stockpiling and/or sharing certain content on a web hosting server administered by a website hosting company. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's review them. In this way, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you'd like to run a site, mail address accounts, or to share files with chums and associates.
- File hosting: a service provided by some hosts, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions are often supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given amount of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely improper explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would share the load between individual stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous webspace hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given suppliers offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting brand is appropriate if you want to share a vast quantity of pictures with pals or associates since the service is commonly free. You will obtain a random link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your mail aliases. Some firms offer website hosting solutions for web sites, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you would like to get an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a web site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can open mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a particular amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and several hundred website viewers, you may have a problem with your web site hosting resources. Embedding the video will enable you to utilize as many videos as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to own a web site. To a certain extent, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Maine Power Hosting, for instance, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that allow you to get all of the aforementioned services in one single location. There may be limits based on the type of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the normal email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for specific content solely.